While other safety precautions have been set in place such as social distancing and frequent sanitation, face masks are one of the most important and effective methods of preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
As we move throughout the busy day, it is important that we care for our masks correctly and effectively to help keep us and others safe. Garment Saver offers the following 5 easy care ideas.
- Keep a mesh bag hanging in your laundry room at all times to store dirty masks. This will allow masks to be safely washed and prevent them from getting lost during the process.
- Have two bags at the entryway of your home. One of the bags should be labeled “clean” and the other “dirty”. This makes it easy to avoid confusion and the spread of germs.
- Use a zippered bag (e.g. an unused cosmetic pouch) to hold extra masks in your car. They make great containers to separate masks while on the go.
- Keep hand sanitizer nearby. This makes it easy to sanitize hands before taking your mask off, as an extra form of precaution.
- Avoid touching your face when removing mask. When taking a mask off the last thing you should do is quickly rip it off without much care. The safest way to remove a mask is to take it off by the ear loops first to avoid touching your face. After doing so, be sure to sanitize your hands as soon as you can.