The Fall season typically means switching your light-weight, summer clothing for heavy sweaters and other winter gear. Garment Saver offers these 5 ideas to make the task of transitioning your wardrobe to the autumn season easy!
- Have wardrobe care tools handy. There is no better time to do small fixes than when you are going through your closet. A simple jar with some basics should work (with a sewing kit, scissors to snip threads, sweater de-fuzzer, lint brush, etc.).
- Edit your wardrobe. As you pull items look at them objectively. Will you wear that top next summer? Is that sweater looking worn? This is the perfect time to do an initial edit. Why store or add items that no longer work for your needs.
- Fold and hang items appropriately. Use the correct method to keep your fashion favorites safe. Hang loose necklines on padded hangers. Fold knits inside out.
- Cover seldom worn outfits in 100% cotton bags & containers. This protects them against snags and fading. Plus, it keeps them from developing a musty odor that can happen if they are stored in plastic bags.
- Clean items before you store them. Moths lay their eggs where they can find keratin to feed their larvae when they hatch. This is a protein found in fibers such as wools, angora and silk; plus in dead skin cells and hair strands. Cleaning regularly and using deterrents (essential oils and cedar) help keep pests at bay.